Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy coincidence.

By either happy coincidence or just serendipity, thought I'd mention that Ma Rui - the guide who met the Thompsons and their fellow travellers at the airport Saturday - is the same Ma Rui who was our guide in 2000 on our first trip to China to bring home my gorgeous niece Bryanna. She was so much more than just a travel guide - she went out and found a Chinese doctor in Hefei when we needed consultation on Bryanna's high fever, she translated both Chinese and baby talk (we wondered if then 10 month old Bryanna's favourite word "oda" meant anything, but Ma Rui told us it was just the equivalent of "goo goo!"), and she became a part of the family for those brief two weeks.

And although I wasn't there for the second trip for my spunky Cassidy in 2003, I understand that their guide on that journey was also an angel in disguise.

The Thompsons have been very fortunate, in ALL respects, with our growing and love-filled family and with the people who have walked side by side with us for the journey.

cheers everyone!
kim

No comments: